Wednesday 22 August 2012

Tom and Jerry

Papa forbids us to watch any TV channels that has “Parental Guidance” written on lower right of the screen (papa would point it to make certain there would be no misunderstanding on our part), so we would watch Cartoon Network with Bunny the Bunny (my trusted stuff toy with my pee all over it).

Tom and Jerry was my all time favorite cartoon TV shows. Since I was a kid, I was so obsessed with this two cartoon characters. I enjoyed watching Tom chasing Jerry and always admired Jerry on how he thinks of different ways to escape Tom's ensnare. This has been one of my past times when I was a kid and up to now. I was so struck by how Tom chased Jerry. Chasing Jerry could mean, Tom wants to eat Jerry whole or it could also be a way of revenge from Jerry's naughtiness and cleverness.

One thing I observed in the chase is that Jerry always wins.

In real life, chasing does happened. Like a real mouse and a cat chase scenario. The mouse mostly wins. I believe this is because the cat is running for his food while the mouse is running for his life. A person who is in need will do anything just to get and satisfy his/her cravings. A person who has a purpose will surely win.

    Purpose is more important than need.

    I've learned that we should live life not just with a need but more with a purpose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment