The Bride's gown is always the highlight of the wedding (Sorry Groom!). So here's my top designs yey! I want sleeves and lace! Enjoy!
Tuesday, 4 February 2014
Being in love is the most cherished and pure feeling in a person’s life.
The foundations of our emotional and mental stability are termed as relationships. No human can remain in isolation for long, and it is this need of connecting with people that helps us to survive and enjoy the web of life. The modern relationships have a different meaning all together. “Gone are the days where you dated in high school or college and then he slapped a ring on your finger after graduation.” The present generation relationships are often meaningless, short lived and at times only use and throw. The true essence of love seems to be lost somewhere. For, the now generation love is blended with lust and in this process they tend to loose on their morals and ethics. Ridiculously high expectations from each other render the relationship baseless and increase on the depression rate.
How to make your relationship work:
- Never use your relationships as a means to fulfil your expectations.
- Acknowledge the other person’s individuality. Grow and let grow.
- Don’t doubt the other person’s love all the time. Trust is an essential ingredient to a successful relationship.
- Step beyond the “me first” conflicts and feel the oneness of the universe.
- Check where you went wrong, rather than finding faults in the other person. Listen to each other as communication strengthens a relationship.
- Take the first step in resolving a conflict without worrying who is right and who is not.
- Love and trust yourself, and don’t depend on the other person. Neither let the other person depend on you.
Love abides in everybody, and we need to learn how to value and respect people. Love has lost it’s meaning in this fast paced world, and we need to recreate the passion of love. Value, care and forgive and make the world believe that there is nothing more beautiful in this world than to love and be loved.
Since ages lot has been said and written about love but what makes this particulars emotion so important in our lives. Love is a wonderful for it inculcates within us different emotions such as hope, longing and the dream to provide our near and dear ones with a good life. When we talk about love different people have different opinions but all of us agree to the fact it creates a positive reaction specially when you know you’re being loved by some one and you love some one. It knows no boundaries and most importantly it can’t be confined in water tight compartments of single and universal definitions or formulas. A person can love his country while others can share a special relation with any kind of material entities, animals, or activities.
When we talk About Love Relationships Interpersonal love defines such kind of love as it is confined between two individuals as it is a simple liking for another and characterized by strong interpersonal relationships. Such is usually seen l between family members, friends, and couples who share a mutual understanding and co-operation.
For the ones in love, everyday in the calendar is a celebration of warmth and togetherness. Everyday holds a new promise of love and gives a new reason to love. However, there some special gestures that perhaps are reserved for Valentines Day only. All of us sure have heard of “Valentine Specials”. There is no fixed category as to what they are or what they can be. Anything you plan for your beloved adding romance, care and magic in it becomes a Valentine gifts or special act. More than the “wow” that your beloved utters, it’s the sparkle in the eyes and the childlike grin that touches you the most. As lovers proudly claim, it’s these expressions that make them plan something special for their partners.
Thursday, 30 January 2014
The Chinese New Year is rich with myths and traditions that has been passed through the years.
Here are some of the practices that you can follow during the 15 days celebration (Chinese New year begins on the first day of the Lunar Calendar):
- Get a haircut
- Clean the house - Before the New Year arrives, the Chinese consider it very important to give the house a thorough cleaning, sweeping away any bad luck that may have accumulated over the past year. (Don't clean for the first few days of the New Year - if you do any sweeping during this time, you risk sweeping away your good luck.)
- Offer a Sacrifice to the Kitchen God - Many families have a poster of the Kitchen God in their kitchen. The custom is to offer a ceremonial sacrifice to the Kitchen God, to make sure that he gives a good report on the family's behavior when he returns to heaven. Sticky Cake (Nian Gao) is popular, or children may rub honey on him.
- Go shopping for the followings:
- Chinese New Year food: dumplings An important tradition on New Year's Eve is for families to gather together and spend the evening preparing Chinese dumplings (Jiaozi). According to Chinese Culture Guide Jun Shan, it is common to hide a coin in one of the dumplings. Whoever gets the dumpling with the coin will supposedly have good luck in the coming year.), Tikoy (sign for unity), White fish (symbolizes wealth), chiken (good luck)
- Gifts - gifts to avoid are clock (symbolizes time is running out), handkerchief (symbolizes a farewell greeting), towel (usually given out at funeral), umbrella (symbolizes end of friendship), sharp objects (sever a relationship), Gifts in set of four (四 (sì, four) sounds like 死 (sǐ, death)), shoes-particularly straw sandals (ending friendship or break up), anything in black or white.
Chinese New Year Decorations:
- Couplets or 春联 (Chun Lian) - usually red in color. However if there is a deceased relatives one must use white paper for the first year, green paper in the second, and yellow in the third.
- Chun Lian for fu and Chun are often hang upside down
- Common characters in Chun Lian