Wednesday 15 August 2012

A Little Love

A little love that slowly grows and growsNot one that comes and goesThat's all I want from youA sunny day with hopes up to the skyA kiss and no goodbyeThat's what I want from youDon't let me down or show me that you careRemember when you give you also get to shareDon't let me down I have no time to waitTomorrow might not comewhen dreamers dream too late
I was browsing through my things when I found this lyric. The song was one of the many songs that made impact in my life. I come across this song while I was still in my grade school years (don’t remember which). All I remember of this song is that I copied it from one of my grade school books and have it memorize all because I thought it was a nice “poem”. I have this habit of listing all my favorite lines, poems, and quotes on a scrap of paper then have it transferred to a thick bound notebook, I still do. Only difference is that I was busier today that I have no time to finish what I started, but hey it’s a lifetime project. Mama was the one who taught me how to sing the song. She heard me one afternoon reciting this song while manning our store (we have a grocery back then). Mama said I have a sentimental heart because of my affinity to this kind of song. You can’t fault me when I’m idealistic enough for my own good. I am a completely opposite of my mother. Mama was realistic and practical. Not that I wasn’t realistic and practical, in fact, when the need for it arises, I was the most realistic person that you’ll find around.  It’s just that I’m also the kind of girl that still believes in fairytales and happily ever after. I read romance novel for relaxation, I enjoys scented candles and I would like to receive flowers (though I kept on insisting that I didn’t want one), and I’ve yet to receive it from someone.

The reason why I want to share with you this song because years ago, I also dreamt of my own Prince Charming (we’re not into Shrek stage yet, it was always Prince Charming). I would imagine what he would look like, but at a young age the Prince Charming that pops in my mind were always in multicolor cartoons (the kind that you see in Disney i.e. Snow White, Cinderella), not flesh and blood. As I grew older, I witness my friends getting their heart broken, though I never experience getting my heart broken before, I became prejudiced when it comes to relationships. Oh, I have my share of disappointment with boys but I never experience getting my heart broken. Maybe because, I was practical enough to know that I was not yet ready for such relationship. I would tell myself, when I’m ready for such thing, he would be the one for me.

By the way, the title of the song is called “A Friend’s Plea”. 

No comments:

Post a Comment