Sunday 19 August 2012

A Letter to My Brother

MANILA, Philippines -- Today, August 18, 2012 is my brother's birthday. He’s the eldest male in the family. I can say that my brother and I have that "frienemies" kind of relationship when we were still kids. I believe our eleven months gap is the reason since we basically almost grew up together. We would fight over little things and not talk for weeks (yes weeks, nothing hold a grudge than my brother). But I love him nonetheless.

A Love Letter to My Brother

Dear Brother,

I don't get the chance to tell you how much you mean to me and how much I LOVE YOU. I always look up to you as my brother who is always there for me and for our two younger siblings. I hope you know how much I value the relationship we have. As always, I am still wondering how lucky I am to have a brother like you. I am thankful that God gave you to me. Every time I look back and reminisce the past, you can never erase the smile on my face. Why? Because of so many things. We are not that close when we were young, even as we grow older, we still have that gap. But what I can’t forget is that in our brief moments when there were only the two of us we were playmates and best friend, until two of our younger siblings came along. I would always remember the times mama always tends to dress us in matching shirt and short. I was a girl for heaven’s sake. I never could understand why our parents always cut my hair short and dress me up as a boy. However, it doesn't stop me from loving you as a brother. I can feel that you are always there. I may not see it but you are there. I can feel the love and care and the sincerity of your heart.

I want you to know that I am proud of you. What you achieved right now is something that I have been praying for. I am happy that you become a better person that God wants you to be. I know how proud our parents are because of that.

Brother, I haven't said this before and I regret for not telling this to you - IM SORRY. Sorry for in one way or another I failed you. I caused you so much pain in the past and inflict you with guilt. What happened in the past made me realized that blood is thicker than water. I also realized that my love to you as a brother will always comes first more than anything and I am willing to give up my own happiness and life for my brother. Nakakatawang balikan at isipin na ang nangyari sa atin noong nakaraan ay parang eksena sa isang pelikula. Hindi man naging maganda ang katapusan ng pelikula ngunit nananaliti pa ring matatag ang relasyon nating magkakapatid.


I may not always tell you but I hope you know how special you are to me, how much I appreciate the friendship between us and how many times I feel proud to have you, such a kind generous brother.

And today, I hope you know all the good things I wish for you and all the love that in my heart for one very special brother. Thank You!

Have a Blessed Birthday Brother!!!

Always,

Big Sister

No comments:

Post a Comment