Thursday 2 August 2012

Rainy Days and a Wedding

I love the Rain.
It hides your true feelings. It allows you to dance like a kid. It makes a good romantic background. The cold weather makes you feel alive. The shape it forms as it hits the ground unleashes your creativity.The pitter-patter sound it creates can mean anything.. and everything.
It’s been raining a lot these past few months with books as my constant companion. Most of the books I’ve read were of romance genre and it suits my mood for the moment. These past few days (or it is months?), I’ve been looking for a way to describe what relationship is all about. Those books speak of love, commitments, and compromise. Being in a relationship myself, I can tell that we have love, commitments, and compromise (oh by the way, add communication to the mix). As a girl, I can’t help but sigh at the fairy tale endings one associated with reading or watching that involves a girl and a boy who fell in love and they live ever happily after (it makes me think what king of happily ever after was in store for me).

I attended a wedding a few days ago and it was a novelty experience for me. First, it’s my first time attending a wedding that isn't a typical Chinese weddings (Chinese weddings in the Philippines were usually held in hotel and they served, of course, Chinese dishes one at a time); Second, I attended the wedding without a member of my family. The wedding was a simple one but not plain. It was held at FernwoodGardens, and it makes me think of a wedding in the middle of the forest. It was truly magical. For the time being, I get to witness two people, two strangers, exchange vows to seal the “deal of the lifetime”. And in that moment I find myself unable to describe the moment. It was simply indescribable.  

To the newlywed, Congratulations and Best Wishes! 

A little blurry, I don't have a decent shot of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment