Sunday 12 March 2017

A Secret to the Love that Lasts

My Fiance said to me, "Despite all the bullshit that I put you through you understands, sticks through all my mistakes, and smiles through the pains, even though I never deserve any of it, you were always there for me. You help me lead back to the light, to you. I will choose you over and over and will love you more for it."

Relationship is works. A lot of works. It is your choice if you choose not to make time for it. It is also your choice to nurture it or to neglect it. Distance may either break you or make you. In our case, we are stronger for it, despite the challenges, the pains and the price. My fiance always put all his effort to talk to me everyday and to do things that he thinks will make me go gooeey. Although, for a while he was lead down the dark path, he never forgets to call on me and to ask me for an updates. He always tell me to go to his parents and for his parents to invite me over for a simple lunch or for a family affair. It was a sign that I am truly the ONE for him. That he will always be there to take care of me and to love me.


A friend of his in Canada keeps in touch with me and give me materials to read that will be good for both Joseph and I. We learned a great deal of each other more. We communicate better and respect each other more. I have seen his vulnerability and he has seen my pain. He once said to me if I choose to break up with him, he will do everything to get me back. Although I have not taken the steps because I believe in second chances, we decided to work everything out.

The book was a nice read specially if you are in a long distance relationship. My Fiance who doesn't like reading much, I was surprised to find out that in this instances he was able to read this book and manage to share with me some of the passage that he finds that relate to us.

Our may not be the perfect relationship nor ideal. But we both work at it and stick together which is more than we can say for some.

No comments:

Post a Comment