Thursday 22 March 2012

The Dreamer by Sylvia Brown



Come through my door
oh weaver of schemes
and you ol dear
with many lost dreams

Come into my room
where stories are read
and let yesterday's sorrows
lay long and dead

Come in young lad
with the world in your eyes
come in young maid
and please don't cry

The people come through
young middle and old
and each life a tale
that has to be told

To the ear that is bent
and the heart that is full
and hopeful help is given
to destiny's pull

Come into my world
oh dreamer of dreams
come into my world
oh schemer of schemes

There is no one to small
nor one to tall
there isn't some grace
from God for all

Come take the adventure
and hold bravely my hand
and we'll reach
that talked of promised land

Of life now with it's struggles
and with all of it's glee
let me help you through it
and in time we'll be free

The only thing you'll hear
is perceptive truth
what I perceive for you
will be living proof

You cannot have cherries
without some sour cream
so come into my room
oh dreamer of dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment