Thursday 2 February 2017

Girls Like You

I will not only brand you with a scarlet letter, but also with a big sign that says “hypocrite.” You are giving in to the societal pressures that pin girls against one another. You are responsible for making it too tempting to slut-shame, to hate you.

I don't know how to talk to you. Rationally I know we can't be that different, but at my very core I believe that there's no common ground between girls like you and girls like me.

You are always full of excuses as to why what went down is not your fault.


You walk around, talking about him in your Instagram. Like your one sentence was enough to rationalize your behavior. There is no way to convince me that what you did was okay or excusable.

You made a choice, a decision to barrel through our relationship that we so meticulously built and you crushed everything. No half of the story is going to change the fact that you participated in something that left me feeling broken and completely alone.

Your excuses are irrelevant.

You had a choice. There is always a moment when you can either say "Yes I will do this" - choosing to live with consequences - or walk away.

Maybe you are at peace with the consequences. maybe you are fine with your choices.

Regardless, I will never forgive girls like you.


No comments:

Post a Comment