Monday 17 July 2017

Finding Your Perfect Pair

Yesterday I watched a Jollibee mini series titled "Perfect Pair". "Perfect Pair" is a sequel to the mini series aired last February 2017 "Vow".

The story is about the guy from the "Vow" finally found his perfect pair through his first best friend, a college buddy and the person who truly puts "best" in "best friend".

This mini series highlights the unrequited love shown by his "perfect pair" as she witnessed him falling in love with another girl, who eventually tied a knot with another man.



My parents has always taught me the value of waiting. When I was still in school, most of my friends already have boyfriends. It is not because someone was not interested in me but because I figured that it is not the right time for me to have boyfriends. There were instances that I was so ready to bite the bullet. There was this guy that that make me take a second look. We had the same cultures as he came from a Chinese Family (surname "Teo"), he is good looking, and he already arranged a meeting for me to meet his family while I was still at school. However, I had always treated him as a big brother (he was my friend cousin by the way and he was five years my senior). He would always visit me at school, to my embarrassment. He would also drop by the house to help me with my school work especially, Science. I got top mark in Physics! He was my first crush. And every girl's dream of a guy. Sadly, in the middle of my senior year, he together with his family moved to Switzerland. Before he go he gave me proposal to be his girlfriend. He would visit as often as he could if I would just consent to be his girlfriend. I said no. And we parted way. I received Valentine's and Christmas Card every year until I began dating my fiance. We lost communication.

He came home from Switzerland last June 2017 to visit me because he learned from a friend that I have relationship woes. We kept in touch once again through email and I even received flowers from him on Valentine's Day. But I have NEVER encourage this kind of courtship. I repeatedly told him through emails and messages that my fiance and I are going through some rough spots but we are working it out. Still he was persistent. So I have to leave house every time he will go visit.

Meanwhile, I was very confused. I was tempted to accept whatever it is he is offering just to experience new love once again. I was tempted to leave my fiance so that I can start living my life without him in it. But, my fiance was asking for one more chance. And out of respect for him and my fiance I told the former that I still love my fiance. And I thank him for coming home because I was not okay. And I also thank him for loving me. And we parted once again. He is set to return at the end of July. He leave with me a ring and his unrequited love. I learned that unrequited love is loving without conditions. I learned that unrequited is waiting even if you are waiting in vain.

Minsan pala, kung maghihintay ka lang. The perfect one for you will come also. (Sometimes, if you just wait. The perfect one for you will come also.)

This message is not only for those whose love is enduring. But also to those "other woman". Learn how to wait for the one for you rather than disrespect yourself and others by having an affair or sex with a taken man. Because if you didn't know how to wait for the love then you don't deserve to be waited on.

7 comments:

  1. I feel you, because just like you I neved had boyfriends before when everyone else's does. I waited for the right time for me because I wanted to have a relationship to last just like everyone else.

    I know that this whole thing that happened changed our lives a lot. Everything just happened like that without us even noticing it. For the longest time I kept my silence and just let everything fall into place. And yet everytime I post, no matter where or how I post it, it will be taken against me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love has always been a choice for the most part. In my case, I only had one boyfriend. I have never been the so called "Other Woman" as some of the woman. Because I know that being the other woman is disrespectful not only to myself but to the other party as well. There was this other woman who disrespected me and hurt me by posting picture of my fiance and for opening her legs. She has been telling me like what you said "that everything happened without her noticing it". But I disagree, every moment is a moment of choice. What she did is very very rude! She knew very well that what she did will harm others. It seems like she is okay ruining other people relationship just because she can't find her own man. She did not know how to wait but instead latched on to the next guy be he available or not.

      Delete
  2. How can you be so mad at the so called "other women" where in fact it was just not her who did hurt you and it was not just her and did not notice that those things happened? And its not just her who did a choice to carry on the "relationship"? Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I see, you are the other woman!

      Delete
    2. Well for one thing. She choose to be the other woman whether it she like it or not. And there is no such thing as "didn't notice". But next time, carry on your relationship with your friends's husbands. But please have yourself check first. As we don't want to spread catch what you were having.

      Delete
  3. Hello, I am also in the same situation with you. The 3rd party also keeps on posting pictures of my boyfriend through her instagram and facebook account. Women like that are desperate. You said that she just broke up with her boyfriend then immediately latched on to your fiance? The looks desperate and manipulative to me especially when I have read your previous posts about her checking on your fiance billing statement. She has no right to do such things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there anonymous from July 19. Too bad you weren't able to see the comment made for the previous message about checking the billing statement. Maybe the blogger did not gave the permission to have the comment posted. But anyways. It says there that the reason of asking about the international message is because the phone that he is using is under one account. And that woman is just checking who did that international message as sge did not do it. She asked the guy and said he didn't and the girl did not believe that is why when she got a chance to ask the girl, she did. Then would that be consider manipulative still??

    I wont say much about desperation because I know both of you will throw millions things about the "other woman" and I won't blame you enough. Just one thing is for sure. A man will not be tempted as you call it to another woman if he is not looking for something else from you and don't make yourself believe that they are just weak. Coz believe me they chose to do that too.. Just saying

    ReplyDelete