Friday 6 June 2014

The Gift of Time

 You've probably heard this statement a few times"Time Stood Still For No Man". How true are these words. Time denotes our existence here on earth, the dash - between our birth to the last day of our lives contains a personal history of who we were, how we lived, who we knew and what we did with our lives. 
It is filled with memories of love, joy, laughter, pain, sorrow, anger, forgiveness, emotions all entertained, some internalized, some expressed, and some exploded.
In the midst of our living, time continues on its endless journey - time is a gift, though we rarely stop and acknowledge it as such. With everyday time is equally allotted to everyone - 24 hours, and what we do with that time is totally up to us. 
We can spend out time wisely, or worthlessly, we can squander it, or invest it, we can enjoy it, or abuse it, we can live it, or retreat from it, but it moves on regardless. 
Time cannot be contained, only the memories caught within that time can be. With time we have the amazing ability to capture within our memory bank those moments that cause us to become embodied with adrenaline, love, passion, peace, and a revealing awareness of who we are as individuals.
I have always wanted to do everything at once. These past few weeks, I have taken various short classes of the things I want to learn and also, I plan on taking more in the future. It was a huge sacrifice on my part, especially if you are someone who wants to be beside your guy all the time. For the past three years, I always tends to my boyfriend for enjoyment and contentment, until I felt that I have to do something worthwhile to accelerate my personal growth. Which is a big surprise for me because I rarely get bored with monotony.

Seeing Labsie working out every weekend and enjoying his chosen hobbies sparks something in me. It got me thinking that I should do something about it. Since I was into arts and crafts, I decided to take various arts and crafts and enjoy my life. Travelling was out of option since I'd like to go travel with him. 

Spending time with your boyfriend is no biggie - but you have to have passion for other things. If Labsie was into sports and I was into him is not the mark of good relationship. Finding other passion will make you love yourself more. It also gives you enough confidence and self-esteem.

These days I manage my time between my passion and my boyfriend which is good for us as it make the two of us grow together and separately while chasing both our dreams.

Labsie gift for me on Christmas 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment